Get your home ready for summer!Published on 12th April 2019
Temperatures have been steadily rising and there’s no denying that summer is well and truly on its way. Spring has sprung, so if you’re looking to spend summer in your Apropos glass extension, orangery or conservatory now’s the time to start planning.
If you’ve already got one, here are a few ways to make it, and the rest of your home, ship shape for the season!
While most of us refer to the big spring clean, in reality, it’s the summer months that see most Brits starting on household chores. We contemplate DIY, embark on renovation projects and make hay whilst the sun shines. While grand plans often seem the most exciting, there are smaller tasks that make a real difference to the long-term integrity of your home.
We’ve put our collective Apropos heads together and come up with a list to get you started:
- Check, clear and clean your guttering and make sure that any loose or leaky sections are replaced. This will help to reduce the possibility of future roof damage.
- If you have a chimney, get it swept. Regular chimney cleaning can reduce the risk of house fires and improve air quality.
- For an easy job that will help to reduce sleepless nights, invest in some summer bedding. Light weight cotton linen can make all the difference on an uncomfortable night.
- Clean your conservatory. Not only will this improve the quality of natural light coming into your home, but it gives you a good chance to inspect for damage. Cheap tip? Forget expensive solutions, put some water, vinegar and a drop of washing up liquid in a spray bottle. You’ll a streak-free finish is almost guaranteed.
- It’s also a good time to check your window seals and hinges to make sure that your home’s thermal performance is as good as can be.
- Arrange for a qualified professional to service your gas boiler. This will help to keep your fuel bills down and, most importantly, you and your family safe.
- Bring the outdoors in! Throw open your windows, dress your conservatory, pick fresh flowers and grow aromatic herbs. Bright colours and natural accessories improve the mood and give that summery feeling.
- Reinvigorate your patio and clean up your garden furniture. So, when the sun shines, you’ll be ready to make the most of it.