Planning Your Kitchen ExtensionPublished on 18th January 2016
Another year, another opportunity. Now is the time that most of us will be setting up plans for the year, arranging future projects and putting anything we’ve had on the back burner firmly under the front grill.
Planning a kitchen extension can be a daunting task – so it’s something well worth getting stuck into whilst you still have your new year motivation fresh in your mind. Even so, though, it’s no easy task to take on alone, which is why Apropos is here to help! We’ve put together a rough guide to get your started on planning for your new dream kitchen extension.
- Define your needs – first up you need to take note of how you use your current kitchen, what you like about it and what you don’t. Do you enjoy having family and friends in the kitchen with you whilst you entertain? Or would you prefer to have separate areas of the home in which to cook and dine? What sort of appliances will the space need to house? And where will the new kitchen tie into your properties layout? Once you have all of this information worked out you can start to really imagine the space.
- Pick a structure – once you’ve narrowed down what you want from your extension, it’s time to decide which type of extension you would prefer. Some structure types lend themselves well to kitchen extensions, such as the orangery but thanks to Apropos’ bespoke nature the possibilities are pretty much endless.
- Focus on the details – at this point you’re ready to start planning out the finer points of your new kitchen extension. What colour framework best compliments your home? Will bifolding, sliding or patio doors work best for you? And will you be utilising any specialist glasses to prevent glare of keep things warm in winter and cool in summer?
- Get in touch – now you’ve gotten everything straight in your mind, it’s time to bring in the experts. Get in touch with us here at Apropos Conservatories to discuss your plans and take advantage of our team of designer’s expert knowledge on the subject.
- Have some fun – last but not least, it’s the fun bit! Now that you’ve spoken with our designers, firmed up your plans and have handed all of the planning permission, build and installation over to us, you can begin decorating your brand new space. Get some colour charts, and order those fabric samples, because now is your chance to really enjoy your home extension project – and you’ll certainly have earned it!
Let us know if you’re in the middle of a new kitchen extension or at any stage in the process. We’re always happy to give out helpful advice and our team of local designers are just a phone call away should you wish to bring the experts on board.Return to Blog