The Best Spaces For Working From Home.Published on 22nd January 2015
The 19th to the 25th of January 2015 is National Work from Home Week, an event which began in 2003, with the aim of getting people thinking about the option of home working and all the benefits it can bring. Whether avoiding rush hour traffic, cutting costs, or taking control of work-life ratio, the advantages of home working can be manifold.
There is however, one major stumbling block to be overcome – finding somewhere to actually work!
For many people, building something new is the best solution. If this is you, you might want to consider a glazed extension. Bespoke glass architecture, such as that produced by Apropos, can make a stunning addition to any home, for business, as well as pleasure.
Making Your Apropos Glazed Extension Work for You
Conservatories: being constructed largely of glass, the conservatory won’t necessarily spring to mind in the context of home working, but it can offer many benefits.
- Apropos conservatories are bespoke, meaning that our designers will always create a structure specifically tailored to your needs; the space available to you; the function you’ll be using the room for; the budget you had in mind.
- All conservatories let in masses of natural light, so if your work requires visual attention to detail, as with artists and craftspeople, it could be the perfect environment for you.
- Additionally, Apropos conservatories offer the slimmest sightlines currently available, providing you with garden views and endless inspiration.
Orangeries: the difference between an orangery and a conservatory is that while orangeries still admit natural light, brick partitions create a more contained workspace.
- If you’re working with computers and technology, you need an office free from glare, which is exactly what an orangery can provide; big windows; selected views; conveniently sheltered work stations.
- Equally, if your work demands a degree of privacy as well as an attractive environment in which to greet clients – if you are a therapist, beautician, masseuse/masseur – a bespoke Apropos orangery can give the best of both worlds.
Both orangeries and conservatories can be separated from the everyday home milieu, and yet still provide an attractive addition to the house; a place that can be evolved and integrated should you retire or change careers. They will also significantly increase your home’s resale value. If dressed well – make the most of light levels with plants to add interest and colour, attractive flooring and comfortable furniture – your home-office orangery or conservatory will soon really feel like part of your home, all the while giving you the space to work exactly as you need.
For more information, or to arrange a consultation, please call Apropos on 0800 328 0033.
Return to Blog