Wishful Thinking Week: Shoulda’, Woulda’, Coulda…..Can?Published on 29th July 2015
There surely has never been a human being who has not muttered ‘if only…’ at some point in their lives. If only I could win the Lottery. If only I had a bigger house. If only I’d gone on that date. If only I hadn’t eaten that extra piece of cheesecake.
We’ve all done it. In fact, we all do it so often that someone has taken it upon themselves to launch ‘Wishful Thinking Week’. Running from July 27th until August 2nd, the event aims to ‘to give people the encouragement and inspiration they need to take a small step towards a big reward,’ or in other words, to stop idly dreaming and to do something positive.
It might sound a little cheesy, but we see wish fulfilment as being a part of Apropos’ remit. Our customers come to us looking for design solutions, and we’re always ready to help.
Five Ways of Fulfilling If Onlys with Apropos
- If only the family would spend more time together – An incredibly versatile space, an orangery can make the ideal home-hub. For most people orangeries take on a multi-functional role; kitchen-diner-sitting-room, for example. Being attractive, comfortable and spacious, family members naturally gravitate to the new area, uniting the family in one spot.
- If only I had room to extend the kitchen – Did you know that conservatories make excellent kitchen extensions? Because all Apropos structures are bespoke we’re able to create glazed extensions of practically any size or shape, so we should be able to help you extend with style – and because glazing takes up less room than bricks, you’ll have a bit of extra space when we’re done!
- If only I could get some peace and quiet – A garden studio from our sister company Atelier provides the perfect urban (or rural) retreat. Sometimes referred to as ‘sheds with attitude’, Atelier garden rooms are bright, spacious, linked to the mains, insulated and completely customisable. Most importantly, they have lockable doors; ideal for a bit of ‘me time’.
- If only my home wasn’t so dark – Apropos offer endless ways of enhancing the amount of natural light that enters a property, but bi-fold doors are one of our favourite. Not only do they let a huge amount of light in, but they can seamlessly slide back to join the indoors and out.
- If only the weather was better – If you do a lot of outdoor dining/entertaining an Apropos glazed veranda could be just the job for you. Unobtrusive, they provide a sheltered area – with open, or closed sides – perfectly suited for sheltering an outside kitchen: professional barbeque; pizza oven; prep area; seating; whatever takes your fancy.
There are all sorts of ways to enhance a home. If you’d like to talk to Apropos about potential solutions to your ‘if only’ dreams, request a brochure, or give us a call: 0800 328 0033
Return to Blog