Ten Reasons NOT To Do It Yourself.Published on 15th May 2013
Ah, the Great British summer time; an epoch of sunshine, showers, sandy toes and trips to the local DIY store. It’s a challenge! It’s traditional! It’s probably not such a good idea!
Here at Apropos we take pride in what we do; for more than fifty years we’ve worked to fashion the very best in form and function; beautiful bespoke glass buildings that deliver on every level. When creating a work of structural art – regardless of size – experience is crucial and that clever plan to save your pennies may end up costing you pounds.
When it comes to managing a bigger home-improvement project, we feel so strongly that it’s wiser to ‘get the experts in’ that we’ve put together our top ten reasons why.
1) Design – Transforming an imaginative figment into a functional structure can be complicated, but bespoke is what we do. At Apropos our master craftsmen have the skills to match your (and our designers) imagination.
2) Planning – It’s easy to underestimate a job. Our professional team will give you a realistic timetable and ensure that your grand design is delivered on time, on budget and in style.
3) Admin – Large projects need planning permission. A professional company like Apropos can guide you through the pitfalls, ensuring that you have the permits you need at every step of the way.
4) Preparation – Inadequate preparation of the job site can result in damaged materials and a shoddy finish. We deliver millimetre-perfect measurements and technical plans to avoid any unpleasant surprises.
5) Knowledge – Do you know all of the current Building Regulations? Or the thermal properties of different types of glass? We do!
6) Budgeting – The little things add up, and nothing can slow a project like running out of money. Once Apropos give you a quote, we stick to it.
7) Tools – Specialist work demands specialist tools. We have everything we need to complete any job.
8) Skimping – While bargains beckon they usually come back and bite you later. Apropos use only the finest materials.
9) Understanding limitations – A can-do attitude can take you places, but risk-taking is never sensible. Important issues – structural integrity, electrical integration – need expert attention, which we can deliver.
10) Safety first! – Nothing is worth risking the safety of you or your family. At Apropos we have the right people, the right tools and the right knowledge for the right jobs – it’s safer that way.
If you would like to order your free copy of our 2013 brochure please click here or call us on 0800 328 0034. If you would like to book a complimentary design consultation with our highly regarded design team please click here.Return to Blog